We takes the security of our systems seriously. If you believe you have found a vulnerability on any WestNetworks Innovations system, you can report your find below.
Vulnerability Disclosure Policy
We recommend reading this disclosure policy fully before you report any vulnerabilities. This helps ensure that you understand the policy, and act in compliance with it. We value those who take the time and effort to report security vulnerabilities according to this policy. However, we do not offer monetary rewards for vulnerability disclosures.
In your submission, include details of:
- The website, IP or page where the vulnerability can be observed
- A brief description of the type of vulnerability, for example an ‘XSS vulnerability’
- Steps to reproduce. These should be a benign, non-destructive, proof of concept. This helps to ensure that the report can be triaged quickly and accurately. It also reduces the likelihood of duplicate reports, or malicious exploitation of some vulnerabilities, such as sub-domain takeovers.
Guidance – Please DO NOT
- Break any applicable law or regulation
- Access unnecessary, excessive or significant amounts of data. For example, 2 or 3 records is enough to demonstrate most vulnerabilities, such as an enumeration or direct object reference vulnerability modify data in WestNetworks Innovations systems or services.
- Use high-intensity invasive or destructive scanning tools to find vulnerabilities
- Attempt or report any form of denial of service, for example; overwhelming a service with a high volume of requests
- Disrupt the WestNetworks Innovations services or systems
- Submit reports detailing non-exploitable vulnerabilities, or reports indicating that the services do not fully align with “best practice”, for example missing security headers
- Submit reports detailing TLS configuration weaknesses, for example “weak” cipher suite support or the presence of TLS1.0 support
communicate any vulnerabilities or associated details other than by means described in this policy social engineer, ‘phish’ or physically attack the WestNetworks Innovations staff or infrastructure
- Demand financial compensation in order to disclose any vulnerabilities.
- Always comply with data protection rules and must not violate the privacy of any data the WestNetworks Innovations holds. You must not, for example, share, redistribute or fail to properly secure data retrieved from the systems or services
- Securely delete all data retrieved during your research as soon as it is no longer required or within 1 month of the vulnerability being resolved, whichever occurs first (or as otherwise required by data protection law).
Terms & Conditions
This policy is designed to be compatible with common vulnerability disclosure good practice. It does not give you permission to act in any manner that is inconsistent with the law, or which might cause the WestNetworks Innovations or partner organisations to be in breach of any legal obligations.
This policy does not provide any form of indemnity by the Authority or any third party for any actions if you are in breach of the law and/or this policy.
The WestNetworks Innovations affirms that it will not seek prosecution of any security researcher who reports any security vulnerability on a WestNetworks Innovations service or system, where the researcher has acted in good faith and in accordance with this disclosure policy.